Sunday, September 28, 2014

C4K Summary for Month of September

C4K Summary

September


9/14/14

School:Pt England
Students name: Siu

Students Post:

The students project was to come up with a mascot. Siu came up with a flightless bird named Wiki Kiwi. The post included a drawing the student did of their bird.
"This is my mascot for 2014 commonwealth games his name is wiki kiwi. He is a kiwi that strive to succeed in everything he do. Wiki say that it’s cool to be who he is every time he does something awesome to be proud of. Wiki kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand."
Students drawing of a made up mascot: Flightless bird Wiki Kiwi

My Post:

Sui,
Wiki Kiwi seems like an amazing mascot. I like that he strives to succeed, because that is a great quality to have in a mascot. Did you draw the picture of Wiki Kiwi yourself? What made you pick a flightless bird as your mascot?

9/21/14

School:JHFI (Madame Thomas)
Students name: Sulaman

Students Post:

"What I'd Like to Learn More About That Interest Me"
Id like to learn more about fictional texts because I love reading stories. They are my favorite from reading about ”Bob The Builder” as a kid to “The hunger games” series right now. I enjoy how the authors can do anything because they really can there is no limit when its fictional. There’s no rules, government, laws, nothing! Except for your imagination and Ideas that lead the way and set the boundaries in the story. Such as deciding if Tribute 7 should die now at the beginning or live and help out then sacrifice their lives for Katniss Everdeen. This is how the author can make it happen with either a “yes” or “no” that Tribute can die either way. The author is like a president or customer making small decisions like I mentioned decisions that make a big impact. That is why I love fictional texts and think we should learn more about them this school year.

My Post:

Sulaman,
What a great post! I also enjoy reading fictional stories because anything is possible. Have you ever thought of coming up with your own stories? When I was in high school, I really enjoyed reading a series called “The Uglies”. It had hoverboards, corrupt government, and a secret society. I hope to read “The Hunger Games” soon in my spare time.

9/28/14

School:Iowa High School Students (Freitag)
Students name: Madelyn W.

Students Post:

Students were asked one thing they would change about their school.
One thing I would change about my school is seating arrangements. I would change seating arrangements because I don’t think there is a need for seating arrangements at lunch. Some reasons why I don’t think there is a need for seating arrangements at lunch is one it has never before been a rule that we have seating arrangements at lunch. Another reason is because sometimes you don’t know anyone you sit with so it is kinda a boring lunch. I understand why we would have them if there were people not having anyone to sit with but we don’t have this problem. I think that they should change this so we can sit with who we want at lunch.

My Post:

Madelyn,
My name is Andrea, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. A lot of times teachers do things we do not understand, but sometimes it can be a good thing. Use the seating arrangement as a chance to meet classmates you might not have met before. You might find you have a lot in common, and making new friends is always a good thing. Hope you make the best of the situation!
-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment